torsdag den 21. august 2008

HDR Part I

Yeah! I finally got around to try with HDR (High Dynamic Range) photos. I read a great article by John Nyberg about the process. A HDR photo is two or more (typical 3) photos merged together as one. The photos are taken with a 1 or 2 stop(exposure/shutter speed) interval at the same aperture.

I use AEB (Auto Exposure Bracketing) for this. Set the AEB to 1 or 2 stop. Set you camera to 2 sec. auto shot and hear you camera take 3 fast photos. (You need a tripod for this!) Now you have 3 photos in various light exposure.

I use Photomatix to convert the photos to one HDR photo. You could also use Photoshop CS2 (or higher) but I find the Photomatix way easier to use!

Here are my first two photos.

Last Light over Odense Harbor
Picture taken with Canon EF 17-35mm f/2.8 L USM
Post-production in Photomatix and Photoshop CS3














Næsbyhoved Private Harbor
Picture taken with Canon EF 17-35mm f/2.8 L USM
Post-production in Photomatix and Photoshop CS3














More HDR photos will follow shortly!

Ingen kommentarer: